Saturday 4 June 2011

Holiday Snaps

Monday 31st May -Friday 3rd June.
I have been away on holiday to Somerset this last week, after a wet trip down the
weather improved through the week reaching 24°C on Thursday. We had a trip to
Chedder Gorge on Tuesday with the great scenery all around and the caves to
look at, I got a snap of a Grey Wagtail here. On Wednesday we went down to see
the Eden Project in Cornwall, I enjoyed walking through the Biomes although the
Rain forest one was very warm and humid. In the Mediterranean Biome I got a
snap of a group of three Chaffinch as we walked round. Outside in the vast gardens
I also got a snap of a Robin Juvenile which was very friendly. Before we went back
to Somerset we visited Newquay and had a walk along the beach. At the side of
where we were stopping at Burnham-on Sea was a Nature Reserve where I got
some good snaps of a Canada Goose with her chicks and a Mute Swan with four
chicks. I also got a good snap of a Herring Gull, there were quite a few of these
about.

Chedder Gorge

Grey Wagtail

Eden Project

Mediterranean Biome

Chaffinch

Robin juvenile

Newquay
Mute Swan with chicks

Canada and chicks

Mute Swan with chicks

Herring Gull

Chaffinch
   

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good holiday down there Daniel and some good photos

    ReplyDelete