Monday 24 March 2014

Trough Lane

Monday 24th March a.m.
 After my earlier walk I decided to go to Trough Lane which is a hot spot for migrants
passing through.This is only a short drive from Cullingworth and with the sun still out
I thought there was a chance of seeing something.After parking the car I walked along
the road, I had gone some distance before I got my first male Wheatear which was
quickly followed by a second.The count stopped there though & I turned back when I got
to the bend in the road.On the way back I got a bonus by seeing four Red-legged Partridges,
a good annual tick.Other birds seen were Mipits & Pied Wags.N.P.
male Wheatear





Red-legged Partridge


1 comment:

  1. BV had 9 male Wheatears on there at the weekend, in the past we,ve counted 30+ , a real hotspot area.

    ReplyDelete