Saturday 30 May 2015

Fly Flatts & Leeshaw

Saturday 30th May a.m.
Fly Flatts
 I started early making most of some dry sunny morning conditions & headed for Fly Flatts where it was feeling cold at just 5°C.There were good numbers of Canadas plus a Greylag was seen & Lapwings were making plenty of noise as they flew above me as I went down the path to the water. The path was waterlogged in places & very boggy in parts too so I was pleased I opted for my Wellies which kept my feet dry.Also overhead was a pair of Redshanks which again didn't seem happy by my presence, also in this area were a couple of Oystercatchers.As I walked along the banking I saw three Common Sandpipers & on the fencing below was a Reed Bunting.Along here the wind was blowing strongly & feeling the chill I soon headed back seeing Curlew & a Wheatear.
Leeshaw
 I headed down to Leeshaw for a quick visit getting close views of a couple of vocal Curlew, others being Lapwing,Common Sandpiper,House Martin,Swallow,Swift & Pied Wagtail.N.P.
Redshank


Common Sandpiper

Lapwing

Wheatear

Reed Bunting

Curlew


close view of Curlew at Leeshaw

Fly Flatts 30/5/15

2 comments:

  1. Great flying Curlew & Redshank photos.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, they came so close it was hard to miss them even with the bridge camera.

    ReplyDelete