Monday 14 December 2015

Redcar Tarn

Monday 14th December a.m.
With some spare time & a day off work I decided to go up to Redcar Tarn to see what was around, on arrival the temperature was 7°C & gloomy overhead.There were good numbers of the usual birds, I had a walk round the Tarn & stopped at the top end seeing some birds feeding on the seed heads at the edge of the water.After a while I finally saw to my delight they were Redpolls, a first for us at this site, I managed a few pictures before they were disturbed by a noisy Coot.Also in this area Robin, Dunnock & Chaffinch were seen as I made my way back to the car & off home.N.P.
Lesser Redpoll






Common Gull

LBB Gull

BH & LBB Gulls

Muscovy Ducks

Tufted Duck

Redcar Tarn 14/12/2015

2 comments:

  1. Thanks John it was a surprise to see them & good they stayed long enough for a few pictures N.P.

    ReplyDelete