Thursday 28 April 2016

Slippery Ford to Keighley Moor Reservoir

Thursday 28th April a.m.
A bright start seeing a Golden Plover on my way but clouding over with a temperature of 5°C as I parked up at Slippery Ford.It was good to see FD again who had already been up to the reservoir, we saw a Dipper & Grey Wagtail in the stream.In the lower fields a Hare was seen and there were four Wheatear & good to finally see two Ring Ouzels, I carried on up towards the reservoir.On the way it was also good to see and have a chat to IH who had seen some good birds which I hoped to see later.Its a long uphill walk to the reservoir but it was well worth it when I saw three LRPs and a Common Sandpiper, there was a Reed Bunting briefly on the dam wall.On the water were Mallards,Canadas and Greylags which had some young goslings.I headed back down towards the car park where IH was still about telling me he had been watching a Cuckoo.There was still Wheatears and the Ring Ouzels in the field then a bird appeared which was set upon by a couple of Mistle Thrushes,I didn't know what it was but when IH said Merlin! I was delighted to see one for the first time, my thanks go to him.
Wheatear
Greylags & Goslings

Common Sandpiper

LRP

Reed Bunting

Ring Ouzel

Hare

Golden Plover on my way to Slippery Ford

Wheatear

Slippery Ford 28/4/2016


No comments:

Post a Comment