Saturday 22 July 2017

Redcar Tarn

Saturday 22nd July a.m.
A poor morning with heavy rain, I decided to go up to Redcar Tarn where you can still see birds from the car without getting soaked, the temperature was 13°C.When I pulled up I could see a dozen LBB Gulls, 20 BH Gulls and the Lapwing flock building to c100 birds.After a while the rain subsided given me chance to have a walk round adding Linnet,House Martin,Swallow,Swift,Mallard,Canadas, Coot,Moorhen,Oystercatcher,Snipe and Tufted Duck.I saw a bird fly in to the edge of the Tarn and on closer inspection could see it was a Grey Wagtail, a site first for me making for a reasonable session.
Nigel.
Lapwing

Lapwing flock

BH Gull Juv

Coot Juv

Mallard with chick

LBB Gull

Grey Wagtail





Redcar Tarn 22/7/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment