Saturday 13 January 2018

Dowley Gap

Saturday 13th January a.m.
A dull morning with a temperature of 5°C as I walked alongside the Leeds-Liverpool canal at Dowley Gap.The morning was quickly brightened up when I saw a Kingfisher perched on a branch, my camera was still in its bag and by the time it was ready the bird had flown.I followed and caught up with it 50 meters further along the canal, this time the camera was ready but the poor light meant it could not focus on the bird which again flew and was not found again but at least I got to see it.
 At the waterworks there were c100 BH Gulls and a good number of Magpies, surprisingly only one Pied Wagtail was seen in the filter tanks.A Goosander flew over and another distant bird was seen on the River Aire, the only other bird of note was a Nuthatch which obliged with a few pictures.
Nigel.
Nuthatch




Dowley Gap Lock

Dowley Gap 13/1/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment