Sunday 7 January 2018

Harold Park

Sunday 7th January a.m.
The day started well when I was taking the dog out for her walk I heard the hooting of a Tawney Owl,
it was still dark so no chance of seeing it.It was a frosty start with the temperature just 1°C as I arrived at Harold Park after a careful drive on some slippy roads.The sun was out now although low in the sky giving a strong reflection from the Lake.It was good to see the Mute Swans( numbers noted Red tags 629Y,631Y and 711Y) there were four of them.As I walked past the island a Kingfisher briefly came out in to the sun before disappearing back in to the Laurels, which of course still have their leaves on.Others included BH, Common and Herring Gull,Goosander,Tufted Duck,Moorhen and a Grey Heron.A Mistle Thrush flew over the water and landed high in a tree then as I was leaving the Park a GSW flew high in to a tree. I got some decent views of it but it was difficult to get a picture before it moved away.
Nigel.
Grey Heron

GSW

Mistle Thrush

Moorhen

Mute Swan Juvenile

BH Gull


Common and Herring Gull

Goosander

Herring Gull

Harold Park 7/1/2018
   

No comments:

Post a Comment