Saturday 17 February 2018

Redcar Tarn

Saturday 17th February a.m.
 I arrived at Redcar Tarn with heavy rain and a temperature of 2°C, the advantage here being you can view the birds from the car. There were 83 Canadas, 21 Tufteds and good numbers of BH Gulls, Mallards and Coots.After a while the rain eased so I had a walk along Tarn Lane seeing 83 Lapwings with 20 Starlings feeding in the field with them.I then had a walk around the Tarn adding Muscovy Duck, Chaffinch, Moorhen, Common Gull and Herring Gull. The rain started heavier again so I rushed back to the car and resumed my watch from there. A Pied Wagtail came close and so I was able to wind down the car window and get a decent pic. I then noticed a smaller goose which looked a bit different, through the bins I could see it was a Pink-footed Goose, a first for me at Redcar Tarn. It was still raining but I was able to get some pictures with the car window down, after a while it came out of the water for some more pics, sending me off home happy.
Nigel.
Pink-footed Goose





Coot with leg ring C14

Herring Gull

Pied Wagtail

Tufted Duck

Redcar Tarn 17/2/2018

2 comments: